If the Holiday Fruit Sauce is in the freezer or refrigerator, this roast will need only a quick browning on high heat, and about 5 minutes to prep it. Once done, cornstarch and water are stirred in to thicken the luscious sauce. Although this roast is special enough to serve to company, its easy enough to serve family on a busy weeknight.
1 1 1/2 to 2 pound pork sirloin tip roast
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon granular chicken bouillon
1 cup Holiday Fruit Sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rub the pork roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet; brown the roast on all sides.
- Transfer to a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the roast with the granular chicken bouillon; pour the fruit sauce over.
- Cover the slow cooker, turn to the low setting, and let cook 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 140°-150°.
- Remove the roast to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Stir together the water and cornstarch; stir into the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker. When thickened, pour over the roast, slice, and serve.
Note: temperatures of slow cookers vary, and the newer ones cook at higher temperatures than the older (circa 70s 80s) ones. The cooking times will be slightly different depending on the slow cooker you use.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 34
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 18% Protein 46% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 337 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 22 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%