To watch a video for these instructions click here
15oz can straw mushrooms
14oz bag coleslaw mix
Ĺ tsp garlic salt
2 tbsp stir fry oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
35 pot sticker wrappers
- Open and thoroughly drain the can of mushrooms. Then chop them into smaller pieces and set them aside.
- Next heat a non-stick pot on high. Once itís ho add the stir fry oil and let it get hot
- When the oil is hot add the coleslaw mix, mushrooms, and garlic salt. Stir-fry for 6 to 7 minutes or until the cabbage becomes soft. Make sure to stir constantly so that the cabbage does not brown.
- Then remove it from the heat and let it cool down; about 15 minutes.
- Now itís time to wrap the pot stickers. First set up a work area. Use a cutting board or plate as a surface on which to fill the wrappers. Place a bowl of water, the wrappers, filling, and a clean plate nearby.
- To fill the pot stickers, first place a wrapper on your work surface. Then add some of the filling in the center.
- Next, wet the edges of the wrapper by dipping your index finger in the water and spreading it on evenly.
- Fold the wrapper in half over the mixture forming a half circle. Then carefully pleat one side of the wrapper. Start at one corner, make a pleat and push it tight against the back of the wrapper to seal. Continue making pleats until you come to the end. The finished dumpling should be pleated on the top and resemble a small package. If you have difficulty making the pleats, you can simply just press the edges of the half circle together to form a seal.
- Place the finished pot sticker on a plate with the pleated side up. Then continue filling the rest of the wrappers.
- Once all of the wrappers are filled, heat a non stick pot that has a tight fitting lid on medium high.
- Add the sesame oil to the pot and spread it around evenly using a paper towel.
- Then add about 15 to 20 of the pot stickers. Keep in mind that we donít want to crowd the pot. You may only be able to add 10 or so depending on the size of your pot.
- Next add Ĺ cup of hot water. Then cover and let them cook for 8 minutes, or until the water boils out.
- When the water has mostly evaporated remove the lid and let them cook one more minute, or until the bottoms brown.
- Then using a spatula carefully remove them from the pot and place them on a plate to be served. Makes 35 pot stickers.