This particular recipe was developed after tasting the incredibly good fried green beans at the Brown Door Restaurant in Beijing, China. It has become a favorite with family members who like spicy food. Consider serving this dish during the two week period during Chinese New Year Ė itís quick, easy, and delicious.
1 pound frozen whole green beans
1 cup water
3 teaspoons granular chicken bouillon, or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 to 4 birdseye chili, stems removed and cut into 2 or 3 pieces each
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Place the green beans, water, and bouillon in a large microwaveable container.
- Microwave 5-7 minutes or until the beans are just crisp-tender.
- Let cool in the broth. (If you have time, that is)
- Drain well and place on paper towels to remove excess liquid so they donít pop when added to the oil.
- Just before serving, heat the vegetable oil in a large wok over high heat.
- Add the chilies and let sizzle for a second or two.
- Add the green beans and stir-fry until browned; stir in the garlic about halfway through.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 43
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 9% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 271 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 39% Vitamin C 35% Calcium 0% Iron 5%