To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 rack of baby back ribs
¼ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup shao hsing wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tbsp hot chili garlic sauce
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Cut the ribs in half so that you have two equal sized portions that will each fit comfortably inside of a large plastic zip lock bag. Place each half inside a separate bag, so that you have two bags in total.
- In a large cup thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- Carefully pour ½ of the marinade mixture into each of the bags. Then make sure to squeeze all of the air out of the bags before sealing them tightly. Then place them in the refrigerator and let them marinate overnight.
- The next day, about 3 hours before serving, preheat the oven to 300F. Then remove the ribs from the marinade and carefully place them on a roasting rack. It helps to line the bottom of the roasting pan with foil so that it is easier to clean after cooking.
- Then pour a cup of water in the bottom of the pan and place them in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- While the ribs cook, mix together the ingredients for the basting sauce and set it aside.
- After an hour, remove the ribs from the oven and using tongs carefully flip them over so that the bone sides are up.
- Then baste the bone sides and place them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes flip the ribs back over and baste the tops. Then put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Then on the last basting, add another cup of water to the bottom of the pan and place them back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the tops are nice and carmelized.
- After 15 minutes, take them out and let them cool just slightly.
- Then cut them into pieces and serve. Makes 2 to 3 servings.