To watch a video for these instructions click here
24 wonton wrappers
1 container of lite cool whip
2/3 tsp ground ginger
¼ of a small honeydew melon
1 small red delicious apple
3 tbsp honey
- First preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a 12 cup muffin pan press each of the wonton wrappers into the bottoms of each of the muffin cups. There’s no need to use any oil in the pan or on the wonton wrappers.
- Then place them in the preheated oven and bake them for 6 to 8 minutes, or just until the edges are slightly brown.
- While the wonton cups bake, prepare the filling.
- Place the cool whip in a large bowl and slowly add in the ground ginger just a little at a time while stirring constantly. Once all the ginger is added stir rapidly to thoroughly mix it through. Then place this mixture in the refrigerator until the cups are ready to be assembled.
- When the wonton cups are done baking carefully remove them and place them on a plate to cool. Place the next 12 wonton wrappers in the pan and bake them the same way.
- Next prepare the fruit. Rinse the strawberries under cold running water and dry them thoroughly. Then cut off the tops, cut them in half long ways and then set them aside.
- Remove the rind from the melon and then cut it into small ½ inch pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the apple under cold running water and dry it thoroughly. Cut it into slices and then cut the slices in half. Make sure to cut this right before assembling otherwise the apple pieces will turn brown.
- Once all of the wonton cups have cooled, then it’s time to assemble them.
- First add about a teaspoon of the gingered whip cream to each of the cups.
- Then place a piece of melon, a piece of apple, and a piece of strawberry on top of the whip cream.
- Finally drizzle them with just a little honey and serve. Makes 24 fruit filled cups.