Although these are not fancy enough to serve at a sit-down dinner on St. Patrick’s Day, they make a great treat for taking to the office or for the kids as an after-school snack. They can be made up to a week ahead and kept in an airtight container. Make sure there is a metal shamrock shaped cookie cutter available; the shallow plastic ones won’t cut through the set mixture. It’s also a good idea to have a rolling pin to press the cutter through.
30 Shamrocks with scraps
1/2 cup butter
1 3 oz. package lime gelatin
1 16 oz. package marshmallows
green paste food coloring, (optional)
10 cups corn flakes
- Line a 17 x 11" jellyroll pan with parchment or waxed paper; alternately spray with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter in a very large plastic or glass bowl in the microwave; stir in the gelatin.
- Microwave 1 minute and stir well.
- Add the marshmallows and microwave 2 minutes; stir. (Microwave 1 minute more if necessary - the marshmallows should be melted.)
- Stir in the food coloring if using.
- Stir in the corn flakes until well-mixed.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet; butter hands and press down evenly.
- When the mixture is set, cut shamrocks using 2-3" shamrock cookie cutters.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper or parchment between the layers to avoid sticking.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 28
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 21% Protein 5% Carb. 74%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 166 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 5%