Shamrock Cake and Cream Parfaits can be made with different flavors of gelatin to suit other holidays, in which case they won’t be called “Shamrock;” they’ll need a name like Valentine or Halloween. They can also be made anytime using favorite flavors of gelatin for a quick and easy dessert.
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 3 oz. package lime gelatin
3/4 cup sugar
5 ice cubes
green paste food coloring
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1 14-16 ounce angel food cake, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Pour the crushed pineapple into a strainer over a large microwaveable container.
- Press on the pineapple to remove as much liquid as possible; set the pineapple aside.
- Microwave the pineapple juice 3-5 minutes or until boiling; add the gelatin and sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Stir in enough paste food coloring to make the mixture a bright green.
- Add the ice cubes, stir till melted, then put the mixture in the freezer while preparing the remaining ingredients (of if you have lots of time, refrigerate).
- Mix the cooled gelatin mixture and the reserved pineapple into the whipped cream; stir in the cake cubes.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 parfait or other fancy glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes to one hour.
- Decorate with green sprinkles or shamrock cake decorations if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 133
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 5% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 132 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 3%