To watch a video for these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tbsp stir fry oil
¼ tsp garlic salt
3 tbsp thick soy sauce (Koon Chun brand works best in this recipe)
1 tbsp hot chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp regular soy sauce
¼ tsp ground ginger
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut each breast into ½ inch to 1 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl and add the stir fry oil and the garlic salt and use your hand to mix these in thoroughly. Stir fry oil has the flavors of garlic, green onion and ginger infused into it and imparts these flavors into the chicken.
- Next, place these chicken pieces on metal skewers. You can also use bamboo skewers as well. Just make sure to soak them in water before skewering the chicken.
- Once the skewers are done, heat a grill on high.
- While the grill is heating up, prepare the basting sauce. In a large cup mix together the thick soy sauce, hot chili garlic sauce, regular soy sauce and ground ginger. Stir until everything is combined and then set this mixture aside.
- When the grill is hot, add the skewers and let them cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or just until they get nice grill marks. The cooking may differ depending on the type of grill.
- Then flip them over and let them cook another 3 minutes, or just until there are grill marks on the other side.
- Then turn them ¼ of the way over and brush them with the basting sauce. Let them cook another minute and then turn them another ¼ turn and baste them with the sauce and let them cook another minute. Keep turning and basting them until all sides are coated with the sauce. Make sure to turn them every minute or so that the basting sauce does not burn.
- Once they are completely coated with the basting sauce and cooked through. Then remove them from the heat and serve. These are best served on top of fried rice with a side of stir fried vegetables. Makes 2 to 3 servings.