1 cup chopped roast pork (Click here for the recipe.)
1 large carrot
1 large green onion
1 clove garlic
Ĺ cup frozen peas
2 cups cooked cold long grain white rice
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
Ĺ tsp garlic salt
- Make sure to chop the roast pork into small pieces about ľ inch square.
- Next peel the carrot and cut off the ends and discard. Then cut it into small ľ inch squares. Place these squares in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Then microwave them on high for 1 to 2 minutes or just until crisp tender. If you donít have a microwave or prefer not to use one, you can simply boil them in a medium pot of water until they are crisp tender. Then remove them and drain them thoroughly in a colander and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it thoroughly. Then cut off the base and about 1 inch from the top of the onion and discard. Peel off any wilted pieces as well. Then cut the remaining stalk into small slices and set them aside.
- Using the back of a knife, carefully smash the garlic clove. This makes it easier to peel. Then peel it dice it into tiny pieces and set it aside.
- Defrost the peas by placing them in a colander and running hot water over them. Then shake off the excess water and lightly pat them with a paper towel to dry and set them aside.
- Next, use your hands to squeeze out all of the lumps from the rice and then set it aside.
- Now itís time to start cooking. Add the peanut oil to a wok and let it get hot.
- Once hot, add the garlic and green onion and stir fry them for about 30 seconds, or until frangrant.
- Then add the rice and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Then make a large well in the center of the rice. Crack the egg directly into the well and stir fry it until it is cooked through, a little less than 1 minute. Then mix it into the rice.
- Once the egg is thoroughly mixed in, add the carrots, peas, soy sauce, garlic salt and pork to the rice. Mix everything together thoroughly and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pork and vegetables are heated through.
- Then remove it from the heat and place it in a large bowl to serve. Makes 3 to 4 servings.