Everyone loves the straight-from-the-cupboard snack of graham crackers dipped in or spread with Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread). No–Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Bars have those same flavors, but take that snack to a higher level. These bars are perfect for a potluck dinner, as part of a cookie assortment,or as a casual dessert at a buffet or informal get-together. They’re Oh-So-Good and very difficult to resist. If possible, make them a day or two ahead so the flavors can blend and the graham crackers can soften.
48 -64 Bars depending on size
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread
1 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
30 double graham crackers
1 16 oz. container Chocolate frosting
- Bring the butter, sugar, milk, and egg to a boil slowly.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the Nutella until smooth.
- Add the coconut, hazelnuts, and crushed graham crackers; stir until well-mixed.
- Arrange 15 double graham crackers as close together as possible on an 11 x 17" cookie sheet (5 across, 3 down).
- Spread mixture evenly over the graham crackers, and top with 15 more graham crackers.
- Remove the lid and foil from the frosting.
- Microwave 30 seconds and stir.
- Spread evenly over the graham crackers.
- Place in the refrigerator until set, then cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 91
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 132 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%