To watch a video for these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp peanut oil
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1½ tbsp honey
1 package of frozen puff pastry sheets (defrosted to room temperature)
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut each breast into small ¼ inch pieces.
- Then sprinkle them with the garlic salt and using your mix it in thoroughly to coat each piece.
- Then heat a wok on high. Once it is hot add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry it for 3 minutes, or just until it is cooked through.
- Once it’s cooked add the hoisin sauce and stir fry it for 30 seconds.
- Then add the honey and stir fry the chicken for another 30 seconds.
- Then remove it from the heat and let it cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure that it is cool to the touch before proceeding.
- When the chicken has cooled preheat the oven to 350F and prepare to fill the puff pastry.
- These puff pastry sheets can usually be found in the frozen section of most local grocery stores. Pepperidge farms brand works best in this recipe. When they come out of the box there are two sheets that are folded. Make sure that they are thoroughly defrosted, and then carefully unfold them and place them on a cutting board or other flat surface to cut on.
- Then cut each one into 4 equal pieces. Take one piece and set it on a work surface.
- Add some of the chicken mixture to the center and then fold it up diagonally into a triangle. Press the edges firmly to seal it tightly. Make sure that it is completely sealed and that no filling in coming out. If you find that it is hard to seal, then remove some of the filling from the center and re seal.
- Once it is done place it on an ungreased baking sheet and finish filling the remaining cut pastry squares.
- Then in a small bowl crack the eggs and lightly brush them over the tops of each pastry.
- Then place them in the oven and bake them for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can remove them from the oven and serve. Makes 8 pastries.