The following recipe for luscious Fresh Berry Fool is very quick and easy to make; in fact, it can be made in less than 15 minutes. It is also beautiful, so it can be served to company; it can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days before serving. If there are fresh berries in the kitchen, you’d be a fool not to make it for dinner tonight!
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt
Fresh berries, for garnish
- Using a fork, coarsely mash the berries with the sugar; set aside.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form; fold in the yogurt.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Spoon the dessert into four parfait or other fancy glass dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
- Garnish with additional berries before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 212
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 3% Carb. 37%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 42 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 1%