Wholly Genes is sponsoring a genealogy conference and cruise on September 16-23, 2012 aboard the Star Princess, a grand class ship owned by Princess Cruise Lines. It is their 8th Annual cruise – known as the largest family history cruise on the seas!
The ship will leave from Seattle, Washington and visit areas of Ketchikan, Alaska; Tracy Arm Fjord and twin Sawyer glaciers; Juneau & Skagway, Alaska; Victoria British Columbia; and then back to Seattle, Washington.
The speakers for this cruise are among the very best the genealogical world has to offer. Their topics will be announced soon. They are:
- Thomas W. Jones, Ph.D., CG, CGL - Expert researcher in East Coast States, especially Georgia and Virginia.
- J. Mark Lowe, CG - Expert in land records, migration, court records, and church records (Baptists, Methodists, and Moravians).
- Debra S. Mieszala, CG - Expert in forensic genealogy and research in Midwest States, especially Illinois.
- Paul Millner, M. Div - Expert in British Isles research, migration, and Lutheran records.
- Craig Scott, MA, CG - Expert in military records, Federal records, Government publications, Scottish records, Quakers records, and book publishing.
- Thomas MacEntee, GeneaBlogger Creator - Expert in using technology and social media for genealogical research.
The speakers are leaders in some of the following societies and associations:
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
- Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG)
- Genealogical Speaker's Guild (GSG)
- American Society of Genealogists (ASG)
- Utah Genealogical Association (UGA)
Some have been instructors at the Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research (IGHR) at Samford University, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) and the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP).
You can even bring a friend or spouse with you; there is plenty for them to do while you attend your research lectures. The ship has five pools, five hot tubs, a fitness center, spa, running track, basketball and tennis courts, a nine-hole putting course, golf simulator, nightclub, art gallery, library, wedding chapel, casino, and a variety of bars and lounges. There is even a special program for your “kids & teens.” The ship has an Internet Café and has internet in state rooms and hot spots throughout the ship. It has two full broadway-style theaters in which our lectures will take place.
If you have questions, Wholly Genes has a discussion forum to answer and questions you may have.
What could be more fun and educational than a genealogy conference and cruise with these great family history educators! Now is the time to start planning and make your reservations! Let’s not forget that along with all the above there will be wonderful food, activities and sun!