Do you really understand why exercise is so important? Just consider the amazing 10 exercise benefits below. And it doesn’t take much to cash in on all those health benefits of exercise.
Exercise benefits come as cheap and easy as just taking an old-fashioned daily walk.
Regular daily exercise benefits not only include physical improvement to live a long, healthy life, free from the pain and suffering of disease, exercise can also greatly improve your mood
The Top 10 Health Benefits of Exercise
One of the very most important things you can do for your health is regular exercise. Here are the ten main benefits of exercise and getting fit.
1. Helps you to Lose and manage weight. Exercise not only burns calories while you’re doing it, vigorous physical activity also can increases your metabolism for up to 12 hours or more. And it can help you to lose weight fast or slowly and to keep it off permanently.
2. Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. Exercise also decreases triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol while it increases HDL (good) cholesterol. And by reducing arterial plaque buildup, regular physical activity helps to keep your blood flowing smoothly.
3. Reduces risks of cardiovascular disease. Exercise can lower your risk for two of the leading causes of death – heart disease and stroke. 20 to 30 minutes a day or more of physical activity decreases your risk of heart attack or dying from heart disease or stroke.
4. Reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes. By improving your weight, insulin sensitivity and blood sugar metabolism, regular physical activity decreases your chance of developing diabetes and reduces the severity and complications for those who have it.
5. Improves your mental health and mood. Exercise releases "happy" hormones (endorphins), helps you sleep better at night, sharpens your thinking and judgment skills and lessens any feelings of anxiety, stress or depression.
6. Strengthens your bones and muscles. Regular physical activity, especially strength training, increases bone density and helps lower your risk of osteoporosis and hip fractures. It also helps reduce the pain that come with arthritis and other joint conditions.
7. Increases your chances for a long life. Few lifestyle choices have as much impact on your health as regular exercise. Studies clearly show exercise lessens your chance of dying early.
8. Helps your body absorb and use nutrients. Exercise is necessary to assimilate nutrition from the food you eat and to eliminate toxins through sweat and healthy bowel movements. No matter how good your diet, without regular physical activity you can't be truly healthy.
9. Lowers your risk of some kinds of cancers. Physically active people have less risk of uterus cancer, lung cancer and 30–50% less chance of getting colon cancer. Active women have a lower risk of breast cancer and active men less risk of prostate cancer.
10. Improves your ability to do daily activities. Exercise along with strength training helps to keep you sharp as you age, improves breathing and balance and reduces your risk of falling.
Plus, you can gain all these great exercise benefits cheaply and easily, in just 30 minutes a day. And everyone is eligible, no matter what age or size. Who knows, maybe someday you might even learn to enjoy the process of achieving all the extraordinary health benefits of exercise.
Be sure to sign up for my free Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
How to Lose Weight Fast and Safe
How to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally
High Fiber Foods List for a High Fiber Diet
How to Lower Cholesterol in 7 Steps
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.