To watch a video of these instructions click here.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1½ tsp garlic salt
1 bag coleslaw mix
3 tbsp stir fry oil
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 pkg phyllo dough
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut each breast into ¼ inch square pieces.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with just ½ teaspoon of the garlic salt and mix it in thoroughly. Then let it marinate at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the coleslaw mix, stir fry oil, ground ginger, and remaining teaspoon of garlic salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly together and then microwave this mixture on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or just until the cabbage is soft.
- When the cabbage is soft, set this mixture aside and start cooking the chicken. Heat a wok on high.
- Once hot, add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry it for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Then add the cooked chicken to the cabbage mixture and mix it in thoroughly.
- Now its time to wrap our egg rolls. First preheat the oven to 350F.
- Then on a work surface lay out one sheet of the phyllo dough. Lightly spray it with cooking spray and lay another sheet of the dough on top. Spray this sheet with cooking spray and lay one more sheet of the phyllo dough on top.
- Now that you have 3 sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other, carefully cut this in half so that you have 2 equal square pieces that are about the size of regular egg roll wrappers.
- Then take one of these pieces, add some of the cabbage mixture towards one end. Then fold in the sides about an inch or so and roll up the rest of the roll. Place the finished roll seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining sheets of filo dough.
- Once all the rolls are finished place them in the preheated oven and bake them for 35 to 40 minutes or until brown.
- Then you can remove them from the heat and serve. Makes 8 egg rolls.