Incidentally, these cake squares freeze well, and since the recipe makes 48, it’s a good idea to freeze at least half; just like peanuts, it’s easy to keep eating until the entire batch is gone.
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups crushed dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar; add the eggs and boiling water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the jellyroll pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven, pour the glaze over, and cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Mix the glaze ingredients in a microwaveable container; microwave 1-2 minutes or until boiling.
- Stir until the sugar and peanut butter are dissolved; pour over the hot cake.
- Frosting: Whip the butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth; stir in the peanuts.
- When the cake has cooled, spread with the frosting and cut into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 57
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 7% Carb. 61%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%