To watch a video of these instructions click here.
5oz fresh shiitake mushrooms
4oz fresh oyster mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
ľ inch piece of fresh ginger
1 green onion (garnish)
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp shao hsing wine
ľ tsp salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp of seasoned rice vinegar
- Rub the shiitake mushrooms with a damp cloth to remove any dirt. Then cut off the stems and save them for a future recipe. Cut the caps into quarters and set them aside.
- Cut the stems off of the oyster mushrooms. Use a damp cloth to remove any dirt that may be on them. Then cut the mushrooms into the same size pieces as the shiitakes and set them aside.
- In a small cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Next, using the back of a large knife, carefully smash the garlic clove. This makes it easier to peel. Then peel it and mince it into tiny pieces and set it aside.
- Using a knife or the back of a spoon carefully peel the ginger. Then mince it and set it aside with the garlic.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Then cut off the base and about an inch or so from the tops of the greens and discard. Chop the remaining stalk into tiny pieces and set them aside. This will be used as the garnish for the mushrooms.
- Now itís time to start cooking. Heat a wok on high. Once it is hot add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the garlic and ginger and stir fry them for about 15 seconds or just until they are fragrant.
- Then add the mushrooms and stir fry them for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes add the shao hsing wine and the salt and stir fry everything for another minute. This allows the mushrooms to soak up the flavor of the wine.
- Next add the sauce and stir fry another 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds you can remove it from the heat and serve. Makes about 3 side servings.