These old fashioned cookies go well with homemade ice cream (or any ice cream for that matter) at a backyard barbecue, weeknight dinner, or picnic. They are, in fact, a good choice for quick cookies anytime.
Since the entire batch, including clean-up can be done in 30 minutes or less, the question is, What are you waiting for?
About 5 dozen 2 1/2 cookies
1 18.25 ounce Spice Cake Mix
1 15 oz. can applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix and applesauce until smooth; stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of dough onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets about 2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and browned on the bottom.
- Remove from the baking sheet to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper or parchment between the layers to avoid sticking.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 13
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 24% Protein 5% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%