This salad is colorful, crunchy, and good. It can be made a day or two ahead, so itís convenient for busy cooks. Since roasting removes the harsh and biting taste of garlic, the dressing is smooth and mellow. You can, of course, vary the amount of roasted garlic, so that it can either pack-a-punch or be simply-subtle Ė itís your choice. Other local produce, red bell peppers, green onions, and cucumbers add color and crunch. Greek seasoning, available at most larger grocery stores, Middle Eastern markets, or online, complements the roasted garlic, and is perfect in the dressing made creamy with Greek yogurt. Perfect for those watching their weight, there are only 101 calories in each serving and 1 gram of fat; even the skinny bikini wearers can eat this salad to their heartís content.
3/4 cup lowfat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Greek Seasoning
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 to 2 tablespoons roasted garlic from the Roasted Garlic Module
4 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob (about 6-7 ears)
2 medium red bell peppers, diced
1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
6 green onions, sliced
- Mix the yogurt, Greek seasoning, parsley, and garlic in the blender or Magic Bullet; process until smooth.
- Set aside to let the flavors blend
- Cook the corn kernels in boiling salted water until crisp-tender; pour into a colander and run cold water over to stop the cooking.
- Mix the cooled corn, red bell pepper, cucumber, and green onions in a serving bowl.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Refrigerate until serving time (up to 48 hours).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 5
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 5% Protein 11% Carb. 84%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 22% Calcium 0% Iron 4%