Roasted Rhubarb is a good dessert as is for those watching their weight, since there is no fat and only 46 calories per serving. For a few more calories, pair it with little fat-free frozen yogurt. For those who aren't watching their weight, use it as a topping for ice cream or cake squares. The cooked rhubarb can also be refrigerated for several days.
1 1/4 pounds rhubarb
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash the rhubarb thoroughly, shake any excess moisture off, and cut into 1" slices.
- Transfer the rhubarb slices to a shallow glass baking dish; mix with the brown sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir well, and return, uncovered, to the oven.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender but not mushy.
- Cool before packaging in 1 cup portions in zip-type bags and freeze for several months.
Cover the baing dish tightly with foil and place in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 1
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 2% Protein 3% Carb. 95%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 3%