Although Wildwood uses cod fillets, any fresh white fish, such as halibut, tilapia, swai, or orange roughy - to name a few, work nicely in this dish. The fish is browned on each side, surrounded by the vegetables, covered in sauce, then placed in a very hot oven to cook the fish through. It’s quick, easy, and ooh soo good! Serve this delicious dish with crusty bread and fresh tossed salad for a full meal.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound cod fillets, or other whitefish fillets, cut into four pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced green olives
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed, (optional)
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1 pound tiny new potatoes, or fingerling potatoes, steamed and halved
1/2 pound small button mushrooms, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute and drained
Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron or oven-proof skillet.
- Add the cod fillets and brown quickly on each side; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Mix the spaghetti sauce, red pepper flakes, olives, capers, and onion flakes in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Scatter the potatoes and mushrooms around the browned fish.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the fish and vegetables.
- Place the pan under the broiler and let cook 8-10 minutes or until the fish fillets are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 110
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 26% Protein 25% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 1444 mg
Total Carbohydrate 51 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 27 g
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 76% Calcium 0% Iron 24%