Quick and easy, these brownies start with the versatile Mom’s Brownie Mix, which can be kept on the pantry shelf for several weeks or in the refrigerator for longer storage. Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate works well in this recipe, and is easy to cut into chunks, but depending on how high-end you want your brownies, you can also use high-quality, more expensive chocolate that’s 60-80% Cacao.
These luscious brownies are perfect to take to a backyard barbecue or potluck, or they are a good snack to pig-out on and eat the whole batch (Don’t ask me how I know). They are especially great with homemade ice cream.
4 cups Mom’s Brownie Mix
2 cups packed grated zucchini (about 1 pound or 2 medium)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecan halves
10 ounces dark chocolate, cut into irregular chunks (about 1/4" to 1/3")
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the Brownie Mix, zucchini, eggs, and vanilla.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate over the surface.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set (do not overbake).
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 100
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 5% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 92 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%