In a pinch, canned frosting can be used, however, the buttery flavor of the frosting will be lost and frankly, unlike the canned chocolate frosting, canned white frosting isn’t really very good, so consider it as only a last-ditch option. The sugar cookie squares will last several days if stored tightly covered in an airtight container (and kept hidden from those cookie lovers who won’t quit with just one or two). Sprinkles are available everywhere, so the cookies can be decorated in a matter of seconds to fit whichever holiday happens to be coming up.
These squares will be equally welcome as a dessert with homemade ice cream at a summer get-together or as an addition to a Christmas cookie tray. They’re quick, easy, and good; what are you waiting for?
5 1/4 cups Homemade Master Baking Mix
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tablespoon almond extract, or preferred flavor
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Sprinkles, or colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jelly roll pan with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the master baking mix butter, sugar, eggs and extract well.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth; spread over the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles or colored sugar.
- When the frosting is set, cut into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 3% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%