The following recipe is more fruit than yogurt; for a creamier version – more like sherbet - just double the amount of yogurt. Both versions are refreshing, yummy, and perfect to celebrate summer.
1 3 oz. package cherry gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
4 cups watermelon, cubed (preferably frozen, although well-chilled works but takes a little longer to freeze)
1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Mix the gelatin and sugar.
- Pour the boiling water over the gelatin mixture, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Puree the watermelon chunks (easiest in the food processor) and add to the gelatin mixture; stir in the yogurt (it will look lumpy, but that will change as the mixture freezes).
- Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart automatic ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 8
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9% Protein 7% Carb. 84%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 33 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 1%