These muffins smell so good while baking, that even the die-hard sleep-till-noon teenagers will be up and in the kitchen early for a hot muffin slathered in butter. Although leftovers aren’t usually a problem, Fresh Peach Nutmeg Muffins freeze well and can be reheated in the oven wrapped in foil.
2 cups Master Baking Mix
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk, or water
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh peaches
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray each of 12 cups in a muffin pan liberally with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the master baking mix, nutmeg sugar, egg, and milk or water; do not overmix, since some lumps should remain.
- Carefully fold in the peaches.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups - about 1/4 cup batter in each.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Run a knife around each of the muffins and tilt them in the pan.
- Topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; dip the tops of each muffin in the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 264 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 1%