1 pound shredded zucchini
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 3 oz. package cream cheese
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8" soufflé dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the zucchini with 1/4 cup water in a microwaveable container; microwave 5 minutes on high power.
- Pour the zucchini into a strainer and press with the back of a spoon to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Meanwhile, place the cottage cheese, cream cheese, egg yolks, flour, melted butter, salt, and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until smooth, scraping the sides two or three times.
- Add the zucchini and pulse a few times to mix it in.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks.
- Fold the zucchini mixture into the egg whites and pour the mixture into the prepared soufflé dish.
- Place a large pan in the oven; pour hot water into the pan about 1" deep.
- Place the soufflé in the pan of water.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean; serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 124
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 62% Protein 22% Carb. 16%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 168 mg
Sodium 470 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 11% Calcium 0% Iron 6%