2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 medium carrots
2 stalks of celery
2 large square pieces of foil
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy brand works best for this recipe)
- Trim all of the fat from the chicken and then cut it into thin slices about 1 inch long and then set these slices aside.
- Peel the carrots and then slice them on the diagonal into thin slices and set them with the chicken.
- Rinse the celery under cold running water and dry it thoroughly. Then cut it into thin slices on the diagonal about the same size as the carrot slices.
- Now to cook these we’ll be making two packets of the ingredients that are wrapped in foil and then steamed. Two bowls covered with plastic wrap can be used as well, just make sure that they fit comfortably inside your steamer basket.
- To make the packets take one piece of foil and place half of the chicken in the center. Then place half of the celery and half of the carrots on the chicken.
- Next add just one tablespoon of the sweet chili sauce and mix this in thoroughly with your hand.
- Then after washing your hands pull up the sides of the foil and seal the top tightly so that no water will be able to get into the packet.
- Then repeat this with the remaining ingredients and place the packets in a steamer basket.
- Boil the water for your steamer and then steam the packets for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the packet and serve. If you double this recipe or use one packet instead of the two you may need to increase the cooking time. Just make sure to check the chicken to see if it cooked through.
- Once this is done it can be served several ways. You can serve this directly in the packet on a plate next to some white steamed rice, or simply place it in a bowl and enjoy.