The simplest recipe's are always the best. Here is a veggie treat loaded with tons of vegetable suitable for any meal. Fresh vegetables can be found any time of year now. Take advantage of seasonal vegetable from a fresh farmer's market and season to your heart's content. Not only does it taste good but you will get much needed fiber and vitamins.
Veggie Delight - A quick 30 minute recipe
2 large Yellow Squash
2 big packs of Button mushrooms
2 bulbs Fennel
7 Roma Tomatoes
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
7 stems Fresh Thyme
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp Fresh Ground pepper
1 large Lemon, juiced
1. Preheat your oven on to 450 degrees.
2. Slice all of your veggies into a large bowl, making sure to add
the sprigs of Thyme. Make sure to make them uniform.
3. Whisk together your Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic,red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Also add any favorite spice, add fresh bay leaves or other seasonal favorites
4. Pour the ingredients over the veggies and toss to coat well. Make sure each vegetable is coated well.
5. Line a cookie sheet or baking dish with aluminum foil and dump the
veggies onto the sheet/dish. Spread out evenly on cookie sheet.
6. Place in oven. Roast for 20 minutes. Check ever few minutes to prevent burning.
7. After 20 minutes, turn your broiler on for the last 10 minutes.
Continue to stir occasionally so the veggies don't burn.
8. Enjoy with rice pilaf, couscous, pasta or chicken.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
Nutrition per Serving:
121.2 Calories, 7.1g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0.7g Polyunsaturated Fat,
4.8g Monounsaturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 947.8mg Sodium, 784.1mg Potassium,
15g Total Carbs 5.2g Dietary Fiber, 1.9g Sugars, 3.7g Protein