To see a video of instructions on how to make this chicken and mushrooms recipe click here.
2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
¾ tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp soy sauce
4 oz. sliced white button mushrooms
¼ inch piece fresh ginger
2 green onions
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken breasts and slice them into long thin slices and place them in a bowl.
- Then to the sliced chicken add just ½ teaspoon of the garlic salt and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce and mix this in thoroughly.
- In another bowl add the mushrooms and add the remaining teaspoon of soy sauce and ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt and mix these in thoroughly.
- Peel the ginger using either a knife or the back of a spoon and mince it into tiny pieces.
- Rinse the green onions under cold water and dry them thoroughly. Cut off the very bottoms where the roots are and about an inch from the top of the greens. Then dice them and set them aside.
- Now to steam them make 2 packets using foil. Cut 2 large squares of foil and in the center of each one add ½ of the chicken, ½ of the mushrooms, ½ of the green onions and ½ of the minced ginger. Mix these ingredients together thoroughly and then wrap the foil packets up tightly.
- Bring the water to a boil for your steamer.
- Then place the packets in the steamer basket. Depending on the size of your steamer you may want to steam these separately, either in two tiers (2 separate steamer baskets stacked) or two separate times.
- Place the steamer basket (or baskets if using 2) on the boiling water, cover and let this steam for 17 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat, carefully remove the lid, and remove the packets. Place them on a plate and open them up.
- Then using a fork break up the pieces of chicken, they will stick together from the steaming process.
- Serve with a side of white or fried rice. Makes 2 servings.