2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" thick chunks
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, sliced
2 6 oz. packages stuffing mix, such as Stove Top
2 cups water
1/4 cup dried cranberries, (optional)
1/4 cup slivered almonds, (optional)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 pounds bone-in turkey breast with skin
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spray the inside of the crock of a 6-7 quart deep slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the sweet potato chunks over the bottom of the crock; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion over the sweet potatoes.
- Stir together the stuffing mix, water, cranberries, and almonds in a bowl; spread evenly over the onions and sweet potatoes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet; brown the turkey breast on all sides over high heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on top of the stuffing.
- Cover the slow cooker, turn to the low setting, and let cook 4-6 hours or until the turkey is just cooked through and an instant read thermometer reads 140° when inserted into the thickest part of the breast (the turkey will continue cooking a little as it sits so don’t overcook).
- Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker to a serving platter; stir the stuffing and arrange it around the turkey.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 36% Protein 36% Carb. 28%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 127 mg
Sodium 606 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 54 g
Vitamin A 304% Vitamin C 31% Calcium 0% Iron 34%