No one will guess how easy this pudding is to make. A package of gingersnap cookies is placed in the crock of the slow cooker and pumpkin pie filling (whizzed up in a food processor or blender is quickest, but whisked together is fine) poured over. Turn on the slow cooker and Voila!, after about 3 hours a delicious pudding is ready to serve. This is a great dessert to serve throughout the entire holiday season.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 12 oz. package gingersnap cookies
- Mix the eggs, brown sugar, milk, evaporated milk, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, until smooth.
- Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer the cookies evenly in the crock; they should fill the crock about 2/3 full.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over; press the cookies down to soak up the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour; turn down to low and cook 2-3 hours or until the custard is set.
- Remove the lid during the last 15-20 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, Classic Crème Anglaise , or Bird’s Custard.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 54
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 31% Protein 14% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 159 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 161% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 20%