Over the holidays, many get tired of the numerous same-old, same-old cookies, cakes, and pies which are served at most of the fancy dinners and parties; Holiday Fruit Crumble is always a welcome change, and is ooh soo good. This triple fruit crumble showcases the fall and winter fruits to advantage and will become a favorite.
4 medium pears, pared, cored, and thinly sliced
2 medium apples, pared, cored, and sliced
2 cups fresh cranberries, or frozen
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 to 3 teaspoons orange zest, (from 1 large orange)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350į.
- Filling: Mix the fruit; you should have 7 1/2 - 8 cups.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and orange zest; toss with the fruit.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to 9 x 13" shallow casserole dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 10 minutes (this step can be left out, but insures that the apples are cooked through)
- Topping: Mix the oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly; spread evenly over the fruit.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with highest quality ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 20% Protein 4% Carb. 76%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 62 mg
Total Carbohydrate 58 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 22 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 12% Calcium 0% Iron 6%