To see a video of these instructions click here.
2 lbs pork tenderloin
¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sherry
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
½ tsp red food coloring (optional)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp hot water
- Remove as much fat from the pork as possible and cut it into long 1 inch thick strips. Place these strips in a container with a tight fitting lid to be marinated.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade and then pour it over the pork. Use your hands to mix it in making sure to coat each piece. Cover and place the pork in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a roasting rack that stands at least 1½ to 2 inches tall on top of a roasting pan. If you don’t have a roasting rack, a cooling rack can also be used.
- Pour ¾ cup of water into the bottom of the pan. Then remove the pork from the marinade and lay them on top of the roasting rack. Reserve the marinade to baste the pork while cooking.
- Place the pork strips in the oven and roast them for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove them and baste them with the marinade. Then place them back in the oven for another 8 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar and hot water to make the sugar baste. Make sure that all of the sugar dissolves completely.
- After the second 8 minutes, remove the pork and immediately baste it with the sugar.
- Heat the broiler on high. Once hot, place the pork directly under the broiler for about 1 to 2 minutes, watching it so that it does not burn.
- Remove the pork and let it cool. It is now ready to either be eaten or used in another recipe.