This recipe combines the rich texture of Chilean sea bass with a slightly spicy soy sauce flavor steamed to create the perfect meal. Try this easy Chilean sea bass recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
One piece of fresh Chilean sea bass (about .5 pound)
1 green onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp fish sauce
½ tbsp hot chili garlic sauce
- Place the piece of Chilean sea bass in a large bowl and make sure that this bowl fits comfortably inside your steamer basket. I normally use an aluminum steamer for this recipe. Try not to use a bamboo steamer for this or any other fish recipe because it will absorb the odors and will be difficult to clean. You can also use a wok or large pot with a steamer insert as well.
- Next rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it thoroughly. Then remove the ends and dice both the green and white parts and set them aside.
- Now to flavor the sea bass drizzle the soy sauce evenly over the piece of fish, and do the same with the fish sauce.
- Then using a spoon gently spread the hot chili garlic sauce evenly on the top of the fish.
- Then just top it with the diced green onion.
- Now it is ready to be steamed. Heat the water for your steamer on high and let it come to a boil.
- Once it boils place the bowl with the fish inside the steamer basket. Place the steamer basket on top of the boiling water, cover, and let the sea bass steam for 15 minutes. This time may differ depending on the thickness of your piece of fish.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove the lid of the steamer. Then using tongs or potholders remove the bowl with the fish and place it on a plate and serve. This is perfect served with a side of vegetable fried rice, enjoy.