These elegant cookies make great gifts; they can be stacked and packaged in pretty Christmas cellophane or in fancy boxes.
72 Small Florentines
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
2 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure the butter, sugar, whipping cream and honey into a medium saucepan; turn the heat to medium and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the cherries and almonds in a bowl; toss with the flour.
- Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets; spread slightly with the back of a spoon into a circle.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on the sheet 1 minute (if the cookies aren't shaped right, you can reshape them during this minute).
- Transfer to cooling racks to cool.
- Melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave (takes about 1 minute); stir the chocolate and transfer to a decorating bag with a small, plain tip.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the tops of the cooled cookies.
- Layer the cookies in an airtight container with parchment in between each layer to avoid sticking.
- Keep in a cool place for up to a month.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 87
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 5% Carb. 37%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 28 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%