For a change, dried cranberries, blueberries, or other dried berries can be substituted for the dried cherries, as well as other varieties of nuts. Pecans, almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts are even better in this bark when toasted in the oven for a few minutes; toasting brings out their flavor. For chocolate lovers, chocolate flavored almond bark is available, and can be used in place of the white chocolate. To make it really special, substitute highest-quality chocolate instead of the almond bark variety.
36 ounces white chocolate, or almond bark
2 cups shelled pistachio nuts
2 cups dried cherries
- Spray an 11 x 7" jellyroll pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the pistachio nuts and dried cherries.
- Spread out evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Let sit in a cool place until set
- Break into irregular pieces to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 82
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 6% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 19 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%