Fat burning foods that speed up your metabolism are often thought to be special herbs, spices or caffeine concoctions. But the best fat burning foods for weight loss are the same metabolism-boosting foods that help you to build muscle and stay healthy.
Your metabolism turns the foods you eat into the energy fuel you need to do everything you do.
When fat burning foods speed up your metabolism for weight loss, they cause a higher energy calorie-burning effect. And not all foods have the same calorie-burning effect. The lowest effect comes from pure fats and the highest thermic effect is from lean protein.
The 10 Best Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
1. Low Fat Plain Yogurt is a good healthy source of protein and calcium. And both have been shown to speed up metabolism. One study found that dieters lost twice as much weight when they got at least 1,200 mg of calcium a day compared to those who got less calcium.
2. Omega-3 Fish like salmon, besides being an excellent source of protein, has been found to “reduce body fat”. Omega 3 fish oil for weight loss has also been shown to help burn calories and decrease appetite.
3. Soy Foods, especially edamame and tofu, are healthy protein foods that help to raise metabolism and lower your body fat percentage.
4. Poultry, in its leanest form, is one of the best fat burning foods, because your body uses more calories to digest it. Just make sure to always choose chicken or turkey breast (without skin) for best results.
5. Eggs are also an excellent source of balanced protein to help you burn off excess fat and hold onto muscle while you’re losing weight.
6. Vinegar uses acid to help your body break down excess fat.
7. Citrus Fruit has been shown to help improve insulin levels to make you feel less hungry. Lemons, oranges and grapefruits are also high in fiber and water and low in calories, which all help with weight loss.
8. Chili Peppers, the hotter the better, have been shown to be fat burning foods that can rev up your metabolism and help you burn calories.
9. Water-Rich Food, such as the list of healthiest fruits and healthiest vegetables list, or even drinking lots of water, can help burn fat and lower your BMI.
10. 100% Whole Grain, and other fiber rich foods, help keep insulin levels low to boost your metabolism after a meal. But be sure to stay away from all refined grains, because they can cause an insulin spike that slows down your metabolism and makes your body start storing fat.
Are you surprised green tea didn’t make the top 10 list of fat burning foods?
Although research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found green tea with caffeine can speed up metabolism, to get any significant results you’d have to drink way too many cups a day.
So instead, just stick with a healthy low-calorie diet that includes regular daily exercise and our 10 best fat burning foods for weight loss.
Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss 5 Step Meal Plan
1. Choose healthy vegetables like broccoli, green beans or salad greens.
2. Combine with foods that are high protein, such as chicken, fish, yogurt or eggs.
3. Add small amounts of whole grains or starchy high fiber complex carbs, like brown rice, rye bread, oats or sweet potatoes, within your calorie needs.
4. Include only a few (1 to 3 a day) high fiber fruits, like grapefruit and other water-rich fruit. And also drink plenty of water in-between meals.
5. Keep calories within a specific limit – never less than 800 a day. And include high quality supplements to help meet your nutritional needs.
Be sure to make good use of the above top ten fat burning foods to speed up your metabolism since they’re some of the best foods for weight loss too. But remember that cutting calories to lose weight and regular exercise are also vitally important to your weight loss plans.
Be sure to sign up for my free Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
Benefits of Drinking Lots of Water
11 Omega 3 Fish Oil Benefits for Women
Eating Healthy Fruits and Vegetables - 5 a Day
Why Is Physical Activity Important to Your Health
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright by Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.