Easy Country Pudding is an old-fashioned dessert- a real man-pleaser. And while itís not particularly fancy, believe me, itís really good!
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350į.
- Mix the syrup ingredients well, stirring until the butter is melted and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cream the granulated sugar and butter until fluffy; stir in the milk, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking powder; stir until well-combined.
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop the batter evenly by tablespoonfuls onto the syrup.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until the syrup is bubbly and the pudding is baked through.
- To serve, scoop pudding into bowls and top with the syrup and either sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 126
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 4% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 219 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 6%