We have so many options from shorts to pants to dresses and yes to the maxi skirt. The maxi dress was back in full force this past year but I think this spring and summer it is going to be the versatile maxi skirt that wins out as the top fashion and closet necessity.
Whether you choose an understated black skirt to go with just about everything or a flashy neon pink. The maxi skirt is definitely an item you can have more than one of in your closet. A staple color for the winter months and a bright color for summer should be a minimum goal.
How to Wear a Maxi Skirt
- I am a boot person so I love to pair boots with skirts, even plus size maxi skirts. I tend to go for a clunkier boot but they look great with western or tall boots too.
- Maxi skirts can be worn with a tee and denim jacket.
- Or with a dressy floral jacket and cami.
- They can be dressed down with some flat sandals and a tank top.
- Or dressed up with a pussy blow blouse and heels.
Where to Get a Plus Size Maxi SkirtIt is not as easy to get a maxi skirt as you might think despite the every grown maxi trend. Lots of retailers are offering their version of "maxi" skirts but they are really just long skirts. If the skirt does not hit the top of your foot, it is not a maxi skirt.
The plus size maxi skirts you see here are from SwakDesigns. They are currently available in three colors at the moment (I am hoping we see more colors as we get further into spring and summer), in sizes 1x to 6x for $49.
I like the California Maxi Skirt because it has a fold over band so if you need to make the dress a little longer or shorter you can just by pulling it up or pulling it down, then adjusting the band. It is also a great price.
Get your plus size Maxi Skirt from SwakDesigns.