If parfait glasses arenít available, or if planning to serve the dessert as part of a buffet, Italian Cannoli Parfaits can be layered in a pretty glass trifle bowl or cut crystal bowl. The desserts wonít be individual, but they will be delicious, just the same. Another time, add some chopped, well-drained maraschino cherries and almond extract to the filling.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1 8 oz. package Neufchatel cheese, or cream cheese
finely grated rind of 2 oranges
1 cup mini chocolate chips
5 ounces amaretti cookies, coarsely crushed
12 orange slices, for garnish
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks; transfer to a separate bowl.
- In the same bowl, whip the ricotta and neufchatel cheeses until light; mix in the orange rind.
- Layer 1/4 cup of the mixture in the bottom of 12 parfait glasses; sprinkle with a tablespoon of the crushed amaretti cookies.
- Top with more of the ricotta mixture, more crumbs, and a little of the ricotta mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, garnish with an orange slice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 264
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 67% Protein 9% Carb. 23%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 158 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 22% Calcium 0% Iron 6%