While any brownies can be decorated in this way, these are especially good, and will become a hit with all of the family members. If youíd rather not use Amaretto liqueur, you can substitute non-alcoholic almond-flavored coffee syrup which is readily available at grocery and restaurant supply stores.
32 small brownies (these are rich)
3 cups Momís Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur, or other almond liqueur
2 cups white frosting, such as Fluffy White Frosting,Vanilla Buttercream, or vanilla flavored canned frosting
1 cup coconut
6 drops green food coloring
Cadbury Mini Eggs, or similar.
- Preheat oven to 350į.
- Spray a 7 x 11" (or 9 x 9") shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, extract, and almonds well; spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and prick in several places with a fork; pour the Amaretto liqueur over the brownies.
- Let the brownies cool thoroughly.
- When cool, spread the frosting over all; top with the tinted coconut, and arrange mini chocolate eggs decoratively over the top.
- Cut into 32 brownies.
- To tint coconut: measure the coconut in a small jar or shaker. Add the food coloring, cover tightly, and shake until the coconut is tinted evenly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 49
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 6% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 69 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%