Kids like to help with these cute nests, especially with putting the eggs in the nests. They are also easy enough for older children to make on their own, however it is always advisable for an adult to be around when kids use the microwave.
1 12 oz. package chow mein noodles, (6 cups)
2 cups flaked coconut
3 cups Mixed nuts
2 cups dried cranberries
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 pounds chocolate flavored almond bark
Cadbury Mini Eggs, Jordan almonds, jelly beans, or other small eggs
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the chow mein noodles, coconut, nuts, cranberries, and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Break up the almond bark and place it in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes; stir until melted. If it doesn't all melt, return to the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the chow mein noodle mixture and stir until everything is well-coated.
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions onto the prepared baking sheets - 6 at a time, and press three of the mini eggs into each "nest," pressing them to flatten a little; let sit until set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Note: If the almond bark starts to set up before you are finished scooping, place the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 74
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 3% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%