To watch a video of how to make this cashew shrimp stir fry recipe click here.
1 lb. fresh shrimp � peeled and deveined
1 cup cashews (whole or pieces)
2 celery stalks
1� tbsp of peanut oil
2/3 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp regular sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry (this is optional and can be left out if preferred)
- Try to purchase fresh shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined for this recipe. If you already have unclean shrimp on hand then just make sure to peel, clean and devein it before starting the next step.
- Rinse the celery stalks under cold running water and dry them thoroughly. Then cut off the ends on a diagonal and discard and cut the remaining stalks into thin diagonal slices and then set them aside.
- Next in a large cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce, stirring until the cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Now we can start cooking. Heat a wok on high and let it get hot.
- Once it�s hot add the peanut oil and swirl it around the wok to coat the sides.
- Then when the oil is hot add the celery and the cashews and stir fry them for 30 seconds.
- Then add the shrimp and stir fry everything for 1 minute, or just until the shrimp curl and turn light pink.
- Then give the sauce mixture a good stir so that the cornstarch is thoroughly mixed in and add it to the stir fry. Stir until the sauce thickens and coats the shrimp and cashews.
- This makes 2 servings and is great served alongside some vegetable fried rice, enjoy.