Last Minute SAT Math – DVD Review
Goldhil Entertainment 2008
Running Time – 30 minutes
Source – borrowed from a local library sale
Brief Description – Are you short on time? Do you need to improve your SAT score? Last Minute SAT Math DVD gives a quick review of the different types of questions found on the SAT, reviews skills for Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry, and shares testing strategies. The video runs for 30 minutes. If you want one more review at the last minute, you probably don’t have much time anyway. So, of course, it does not go into depth on any of the topics. It is a good review of the basics and highlights areas that generally trick students. In fact, the introduction states as much and is recommended for those who scored below 700. However, it is worth watching more than once due to the testing strategies shared.
* I liked the format of discussion, practice problems, check answers, and review before introducing the next topic.
* About three to five problems are given after each topic for practice.
* Answers are explained for most problems
* Explains how the questions are scored.
* * Shows you how to solve a problem without directly working it out; for example, working backwards
* Demonstrates how to use the answer choices to determine the answer
* Addresses how to answer non-multiple choice questions on the grid…for example, convert mixed numbers to improper fractions or decimals
To Be Desired –
*To give at least a short explanation for all problems
*To include a few difficult problems to reflect the content of the SAT
Although, I desired to see harder problems, I understand the need for this difficulty level of math. If a student scored low on a previous attempt or wanted to improve, definitely view this DVD. You can borrow it from the library or purchase it below. If you would like to practice more math, the same parent company produced another DVD, Teaching Systems SAT: Math.
It is a 2-disk program. The first disk includes the DVD just reviewed and adds additional topics.