While a flaky, buttery homemade pie crust is always the best tasting, ready pie crusts can be used, or, if in a real time crunch, even a frozen crust. The filling is so good, the pie will be fabulous no matter which crust you choose to use. The pie, which can be made a day or two ahead and stored at room temperature, is delicious served with scoops of vanilla ice cream or lots of sweetened whipped cream (real whipped cream – no disgusting frozen whipped topping here, please). This easy pie will become a favorite with oatmeal cookie lovers and even those who aren’t.
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the oatmeal cookie mix and mix well.
- Add the raisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts; stir and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until puffed and set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
- Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 227
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 5% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 60 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 11%