Easy, Make-Ahead Símores can be assembled a day or two ahead, then warmed on the grill after food has cooked, or in the oven, or in the microwave. They have plenty of crusty, gooey marshmallow, and lots of good milk chocolate; when served warm, they will be reminiscent of camping trips in the past, without the bugs, snakes, dirt, poison ivy, and smoky-smelling hair. Unfortunately, with these oven símores the campfire experience will be lost, but the quick, easy, and yummy treats will taste divine, and there will be napkins and running water to clean up the mess.
12 graham crackers, each broken into two squares
3 ounces miniature marshmallows
24 to 36 Hershey's kisses, unwrapped, several fun-size milk chocolate bars, or milk chocolate chips Ė whatever is available
- Lay the graham cracker squares close together on a baking sheet.
- Place about 12 or so miniature marshmallows on each cracker.
- Place under the broiler and let broil until puffed and brown; turn the broiler off, and shut the oven door so that the oven stays warm.
- Remove from the oven and top with the kisses (or break the fun-size candy bars into pieces and place them on top of the marshmallows, or scatter the chocolate chips over the marshmallows).
- Return to the oven for 2 or 3 minutes or until the kisses are softened.
- Top with the remaining graham crackers.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container; reheat in the microwave, a warm oven, or a grill that has been turned off. It only takes a few seconds in the microwave or minute or two in the oven or on the grill.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 14
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 16% Protein 6% Carb. 78%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%