Any kind of ripe apricots can be used in this frozen treat, and since the sweetness of apricots varies, you may need to add a little more sugar. The base can be put together in minimal hands-on time – pit the apricots and put them through a food mill, or blend them in the blender or food processor and push them through a fine strainer; either way it takes very little time. Alternately, they can be peeled and mashed, but this method will take a little more time. Stir in some sugar, corn syrup, and frozen orange juice concentrate; chill the mixture until ready to freeze. It’s that easy, and oh so good!
4 cups apricot puree
1/2 cup sugar, (add up to 1/4 cup more depending on the sweetness of the puree)
2 tablespoons corn syrup
3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup water
- Mix the apricot puree, sugar (to taste), corn syrup, and orange juice concentrate.
- Place in the refrigerator until well-chilled (or shorten the time by placing in the freezer - don't let it freeze).
- Stir in the water and pour into the frozen bowl of an automatic ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 0
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 0% Protein 4% Carb. 94%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 0% Iron 3%