3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 green onions
1 bag pre washed baby spring lettuce mix
1 bag pre washed romaine lettuce
1 can mandarin oranges
½ cup orange juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp garlic powder
2 cups water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons dry pectin
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- The day before serving, prepare both the chicken and the dressing.
- Remove as much fat as possible from the chicken breasts, and then score the top of each of them. Place the scored breasts in a plastic bag to be marinated in.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade and pour it into the bag with the chicken breasts. Make sure that each piece is coated with some of the marinade then seal the bag tightly and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a small pot and heat it on medium high. Stir constantly until the pectin and sugar dissolve thoroughly. Then remove it from the heat, let it cool, and place it in a container in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, after the chicken marinates, heat a grill on high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill the breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until they are cooked through. Then remove them from the heat and set them aside.
- Wash the green onions thoroughly and dry them. Then dice the green parts and save the white parts for another recipe.
- Next mix together the two types of lettuce and dived this mixture among 3 salad bowls. You can also use any other type of lettuce you may like for this recipe.
- Place one chicken breast on top of each salad. Then thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges and dived them among the salads and top with the green onions.
- Serve with the homemade dressing on the side. Makes 3 mandarin orange chicken salads.