- The doctors donít know how to help me regarding my back pain. Nothing works ranging from steroid shots to physical therapy to strong pain meds. The doctors wonít do surgery because they donít know the root cause of the raw nerve endings. I live in pain 24/7.
- I keep breaking up and then going back to my boyfriend who doesnít take care of me or help me with my financial burden. Heís such a dreamer and the consummate salesman Ė always promising that his next scheme will hit it big. However, he never quite makes it. Everyone asks me what I am getting out of this relationship and I donít know the answer. Maybe Iím afraid that I will end up alone.
- I was let go from a job in the human resources department of a big apartment building management firm because I just turned 60. Although no one mentioned my age, my replacement is half my age. I always had such good reviews, so I didnít see it coming. They claimed that they were letting me go in order to take the firm in another direction. What are the odds I will find another comparable job?
3 ways to get stuck in a good place:
- We are nothing much on our own, but rather are mutually dependent. Align yourself with realists and dreamers. Reflect on and find what resonates just for you like peering into a gallery or knick knack store window looking for the right souvenir when you are on vacation. It is the painting or objet díart that you must buy, or otherwise it will haunt you if you donít. Similarly, whatever resonates for you will spur you on to move forward. Find your hidden treasure.
- You donít need others to validate what your heart and soul advise you to do. Donít give away your power to do what others tell you to do or want for you. What do YOU really want? When you know the answer, you will be motivated to pursue your answer.
- Take walks in nature to prepare to move forward in your lifeís journey. When you are taking purposeful steps in a park, shoreline, or cityscape, you can think about moving forward in another aspect of your life. Great musicians know that the pauses between the notes are where the artistic skill lies. Enjoy the process because the destination is not as much fun as the journey. Unplug and reconnect with yourself.
For more information on managing your stress and reclaiming your life read my book, Addicted to Stress: A Woman's 7 Step Program to Reclaim Joy and Spontaneity in Life. To listen to archived radio shows with guest experts visit Turn On Your Inner Light Radio Show