1oz cellophane noodles
4 oz. extra firm tofu
¼ tsp garlic salt
¾ lb. fresh bean sprouts
1 small tomato
1 small kirby cucumber
3 green onions
¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dark sesame oil
½ tsp hot chili oil
- Place the noodles in a large bowl of hot water and let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are soft.
- While the noodles are soaking prepare the other ingredients. Cut the tofu into small ¼ inch squares and then evenly sprinkle them with the garlic salt and set them aside.
- Rinse the bean sprouts under cold running water. Then bring a pot of water to a boil and have another bowl ready with ice water. When the water boils add the bean sprouts and let them cook for just 1 minute. Then remove them immediately and place them in the ice water until they are cool. Then drain them in a colander and lightly dry them with a towel.
- Rinse the tomato under cold water and dry it thoroughly. Then dice it, removing the seeds.
- Peel the cucumber and dice it into the same sized pieces as the tomato and set it aside.
- Rinse the green onions under cold running water and dry them thoroughly. Cut off the ends and discard. Then cut both the white and green parts into small pieces and set them aside.
- By now the noodles should be soft. Drain them and run them under cold running water until they are cool. Dry them lightly with a towel and then roughly cut them so that they are in short segments.
- In a cup mix together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and add the tofu, bean sprouts, tomato, and cucumber. Then drizzle on the dressing and gently toss everything together.
- Dived the noodle salad among 4 plates and then garnish them with the green onion. Makes 4 servings of cold tofu noodle salad.